Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mathew Piccirillo - The Pathway to Markus - REVISED

Characters:
- Elric Starlight
- Cecile Ellsworth
- Jericho Arcane
- Arcana Silverstein
- Kyp Denmore

[
Ambiet sounds (birds, wind, trees swaying) as the footsteps of horses can be heard, and they abruptly stop
]
Elric
- Jericho, why do you stop? The trail is clear, yet you remain still.
[
Ambiet/Silence
]
Elric
- Jericho, you're silent. What do you sense?
Jericho
- The path is dark, and is shrouded by the cloud of Ankara. My feelings are unsettled.
Kyp- [Loudly
] Unsettled? We've travelled this path many times before, and nothing ever bothered you. Now you speak of an unsettling feeling?
Jericho
- It's more than just an unsettling feeling, you fool. These lands have been tainted by the stench of the Prophet.
Kyp
- What? Ankara couldn't have taken this land. It's as peaceful as it was centuries ago.
Jericho
- So it may seem.
Arcana
- Would you two stop arguing? He's probably right, I've seen what Ankara can do to a person.
Kyp
- What would a Seeker Fairy know of the sort?
Arcana- [Angered
] Hey! You take that back-
Elric
- Everybody calm down. Jericho has aided our survival throughout this quest. I'm sure he wouldn't lead us off our path.
Cecile- [Quietly
] Well, I think-
Kyp
- You're as trustworthy as you are stupid.
Elric
- Your lack of empathy blinds you.
Arcana
- We're not getting anywhere!
Cecile- [Louder than before
] Guys, I think-
Kyp
- I know these paths better than any of you, we are in no danger!
Jericho- [Loudly
] Sh! Be quiet.
Kyp
- Don't tell me to be quie-
Jericho- [Yelling
] Quiet!
[
Long silence
]
Jericho- [Calmly
] I think Cecile has something to say. Go ahead dear, speak your mind.
Cecile- Well, I. I was trying to say…
Kyp- Are you going to speak, or can we get moving?
Elric- He said, be quiet. Go ahead Cecile, try again.
Kyp- [Scoffs]
Cecile- Well, Jericho, you said the path up ahead curves, did you not?
Jericho
- Yes.
Cecile
- Well, we can cut through the forest ahead, and avoid the trail, but still find our way back to it. Right?
Kyp- [Mumbles/Sarcastically
] Sure, why not...
Elric
- Jericho, do you think that could work? I see nothing wrong with it.
Jericho
- It would certainly be better than taking the path.
Arcana
- Good idea, Cecile, see I told you she was smart! Didn't I tell you she was smart?!
[Quiet
Laughter
]
Kyp- [Coldly/Quietly] Hardly a good idea…

Elric- We shall take Cecile's advice then. We head through the forest, and reroute to the path. Arcana, lead the way.
Arcana- Okay.

[
Horses walking away but lesser than before
]
Elric
- Kyp. What's wrong?
Kyp
- Nothing. Mind your own.
Elric- [Grabbing sound
] Kyp. Look at me. Look at me!
Kyp
- What?
Elric- [Quietly/Directly
] I don't like you. I know they don't like you. They may not hate you as much as I do, but I promise you one thing.
Kyp
- What's that?
Elric
- If the slightest thought comes to my mind, that you intend to hurt them, I'll kill you.
Kyp
- Are you threatening me? Elric?
Elric- It's only a threat, if you are
one.
[
Horse steps
]
Kyp
- Elric.
[
Silence again
]
Elric
- What?
Kyp
- Choose your friends carefully.
Elric
- Why is that?
Kyp
- Because your enemies choose you.
Elric
- Let's get one thing straight Kyp.
Kyp
- What would that be?
Arcana- [Distance/Yelling
] Come on you two! By the time we get to Markus, the war'll be over!
Kyp
- Let's go.
Elric- [Mumbling
] Damnit.

[
Horse steps
]
Jericho
- Cecile, what do you know about the Prophets?
Cecile
- They seem like very bad people.
Jericho- [Laughs
] No, no, no. Ankara, is an evil Prophet. He turned against the other Prophets long ago.
Cecile
- Oh.
Jericho
- It's okay. Not a lot know of them. Prophets are beings sent by the Gods of Rhea to protect the land. To watch over all those who live in it.
Cecile
- Are they nice?
Jericho
- Only when you allow them to be.
Cecile
- Have you ever seen one?
Jericho
- Oh yes. They are beautiful creatures. You being Memorian would think they all look like you, or human. No, they look much different. Some of them do not take a physical form.
Cecile
- Physical form?
Jericho
- Let me explain. The Prophet of the sky, her name is Gaida. Many people think she would be an absolutely beautiful creature.
Cecile
- Is she?
Jericho- Of course she is. She is
the sky. She is everywhere around us. She listens to what everybody says, whether it be nice, or unpleasant. Unlike mortals, Prophets take the time to listen to one another. They treat each other with equality, and respect. If only us mortals could understand.
Cecile
- Are you saying all mortals are bad?
Jericho
- No, of course not. All mortals are good, but deep inside of us, evil rests.
Cecile
- What do you mean? Everyone is evil?
Jericho- Cecile, everybody is evil, and everybody is good. Good and evil are really the same thing. People just look at them differently.
Cecile- [Quietly] Hm.
Jericho- Let me tell you something. Something you should try to understand, and never forget. Wherever light travels, whatever light seeks, it always finds the darkness waiting for it.
[
Silence
]
Cecile
- Okay. I think I get it.
Jericho- No Cecile. You don't.

1 comment:

  1. This is well done, Mat. It is clear that you have polished up the dialogue to make it less 'modern' and more old-fashioned warrior-like.

    :)

    ReplyDelete