"The Pen is Mightier than the Sword."
A huge change in literary history, was the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. What this did, was grant Canadians with equal rights and freedoms. It allowed everyone the freedom of speech, freedom to live anywhere inside Canada, the right to vote, etc. This changed Canadian, and even National history forever.
I would be really interested in writing about things from Ancient Greece, like stories, myths and other tales that actually changed the way we think, act and go from day to day. Many things written in that time were various plays, laws, and even music that has been passed down through the years.
I have always been interested in the ancient myths of Greece and Rome, and why they came about. I also have been interested in many controversial stories about the Illuminati, the Free Masons, and other secret societies and organizations. I have read all of Dan Brown's book, including his new one, The Lost Symbol, which is more about Government controversy. My character Jake Delaware deeply reflects my love for ancient artifacts and the famous character Robert Langdon from the Da Vinci Code series.
The pen is mightier than the sword, is one of my favorite sayings, and I believe every word of it. Violent actions can make a situation worse, but sorting it out through words or writing can help the situation. You can't apologize with a sword now can you?

No comments:
Post a Comment