Do we overprotect our children? In today's society, overprotection could mean many different things. Are we overprotective of talking to strangers? Doing drugs? Alcohol? Being in the right groups of people? Well, yes, I think we are. We fright for our children when they talk to strangers, or go over to a mysterious car or van in front of our house. You never know what can happen to them.
As for doing drugs, and alcohol abuse, our children can never be too careful. Drugs and alcohol are horrible habits to get into. Alcohol in the long run can kill you, and if you use the wrong drugs, they can kill you too. Your children being in the wrong groups can contribute to the cause of drugs and alcohol abuse.
As for taking care of my own children, if I have any in the future, I think that we need to stop spoiling our children. I'm not saying we need to beat our children with a wooden spoon, I'm just saying a little cuff on the head will set them straight. After two or three cuffs in the head, they start to realize that it is bad to do that, because nobody wants to feel pain. I was raised to respect my parents, and respect all others above my age, and I still follow that rule. If I were to stray away from the rules, and back talk my parents, or raise my voice, I would expect nothing but a cuff on the back of the head, but you know what, sometimes a little cuff on the head can set a kid straight.

No comments:
Post a Comment