Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 17, 2010

Language Exercise

1. Complete Sentence
The lawyer made himself aware of the defense' case.

2. Incomplete Sentence
The lawyer made himself aware of the defense'.

3. Independant Clause
Sarah couldn't dance.

4. Comma Splice Error
The dog quickly made his way to the alleyway, the other dogs chased him.

5. Fused Sentence
I never thought I'd have more than a thousand dollars in my bank but my mother always told me I could but my father said I wouldn't.

6. Dependant Clause
How bad it was to smell the stench.

7. Compound Sentence
The lightning flashed as the rain fell.

8. Complex Sentence
When the clock strikes one, walk out of the house.

9. Adverbal Phrase
The woman walked into the store.

10. Compound-Complex Sentence
When it was one o'clock, the ground shook, the people ran inside their houses

No comments:

Post a Comment