High School has been very eventful for me, and I have had many experiences I would and would not like to live again. Not all memorable moments in our lives are positive, but a lot of them certainly are. Whether they are embarrassing, exciting, frightening, happy or petrifying, they rest in our minds for the majority of our lives. I tell you right now, I have had an experience to fit every emotion, especially embarrassing.
The first, and most important experience in my High School years was my attendance at each Coffee House. I play many instruments (guitar, bass, drums, wind instruments, keyboard, etc.) but my main focus is guitar, and I absolutely love playing guitar on stage, or in front of people. I consider myself pretty good for my age, but I hear otherwise from everybody else, in a good way. All the three times I went to Coffee House, I played the songs "Carol of the Bells" by the Trans Siberian Orchestra, "Through the Fire and Flames" by Dragonforce (which is a favorite among the crowd), and "Speed Lives/No Boundaries" by Michael Angelo Batio (and not Michael Angelo the sculptor).
After the show, I had many comments about my guitar playing, all good which is what I hoped for. Many of my close friends gave me a boost of confidence before, and even after the show and without their last words of courage, I may have messed up more than once. The funniest part of the night, was a close friend that called me "Satan", which I hope was in a good way. I guess Satan is a very good guitar, but regardless, I took it as a compliment. I haven't played in any coffee houses after that, but the upcoming coffee house shall be a great success. I am playing the same song as last time, "Speed Lives/No Boundaries" - Michael Angelo Batio (again, not the sculptor), and I seem to be much better than before, so I hope it goes better than last time. Maybe you'll come see the show?

I'll try -- They're usually on Wednesdays which are bad for me, but Tues. or Thursdays would be a definite possibility.
ReplyDeleteI will not come see the show. I AM the show.
ReplyDelete:D