An Ode To Guitar
How do you write to a guitar?
Do you not write with the tool?
Which could turn you into a rockstar
The skill of guitar can't be claimed by a fool
The sounds of your guitar could be the angels song
or the deep screech of a prowling boar
If you can't care for the craft, you will not do it right
Your talent will surely lead you to be wrong
But if you ask the guitar for more
It will give it to you, but only if you are polite

My, my, Mathew I enjoyed reading this poem (smiles and chuckles pompously). The only thing that I'm concerned about is that it seems quite short, but keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteI laughed out loud when I realised that Kyle had beaten me here...
ReplyDeleteThis poem seems to be an exercise in form more than anything-- tool/fool is a little uninspired/predictable. Being polite to one's guitar is just a crazy image...
On the other hand, your writing is strong. I only come down hard here because this doesn't quite seem to reach your regular standard.